I’ve been working with a lot of entrepreneurs lately who are doing so much right in their businesses, and yet they’re still struggling.
They’re blogging. They’re on social media. They’re even doing video. And yet they’re getting the same results they’ve always gotten. It’s no wonder they feel frustrated!
I’ve talked to these business owners, and I’ve talked to other entrepreneurs who are getting tremendous results. And it recently dawned on me the difference between these two groups.
One is NOT more talented than the other. Nor do they have bigger teams of support staff.
The successful business owners are rocking it because they have stepped into their rightful role as the Social CEO of their business. They know it’s not enough to blog, create video, and post on social media. They’ve unlocked the secrets to TRUE social business success by mastering their message, energetically aligning with their passion and purpose, and creating consistent branding in all of their online and offline efforts.
To get you started, here are 10 action steps YOU can take to become a Successful Social CEO:
1. Create your list of 5-10 words that describe how you want to make people feel when they meet you, interact with you, listen to you, ask questions of you, hire you, and work with you. Get as specific as possible.
2. Be willing to be seen, heard, celebrated, and understood. Does any resistance pop up? Explore that.
3. Review your external branding. How does it align with Brand You? Make necessary tweaks. (Think Clothing, Hair, Car, Shoes, Handbag, Nails, etc.)
4. Review your online branding. How does it align with Brand You? (Think Website, Social media, Blog, Photos, Videos, Interviews, Content, Comments)
5. Make a list of 1-5 things you can do, starting today, to uplevel yourself and your business to step into your rightful role as the Social CEO you’re meant to be. Do you need to make more money? Do you need to be more active on social media? Do you need to respond to comments and questions you previously left unanswered on your blog or social media? Do you need to be more consistent in general? Do you need to start speaking on behalf of your company to expand your reach/establish your expertise?
6. Look at your competitors and analyze what they’re doing well, as well as where they struggle. How can you do better/stand out and make yourself distinct from everyone else in your industry?
7. Review and update your biography. Make it reflect the Social rock star you are!
8. Review your team, including your assistant, VA, photographer, graphic designer, mentor, coach, technical support, bookkeeper, etc. Who’s helping/hurting? Who’s missing? Who can help you be a better YOU? Don’t have a team? Do you need one?
9. Find your evangelists and treat them like rock star royalty.
10. Come up with your 10 key messaging points that only you can talk about. Write them down. Get specific. Brand them using the words and feelings you want to capture. And then start posting and seeing what works/creates conversation/invites dialogue with your clients and fans.
Which of the 10 action steps have you already taken? Which needs to be next on your priority list?